On 22.04.2010, at 12:13, Andy Stewart wrote:

> Hi Axel,
>
> I'm converting gtkglext to Cabal package, and found some modules
> (Config.chs and General.chs) tag with "#if GTK_CHECK_VERSION(2,2,0)".

Yes, I think we have to require at least Gtk 2.8. since before that
Cairo is optional. We have most of the #ifdefs in place for versions
2.2 to 2.6 but then we would have to add quite a bit of infrastructure
to support these old Gtk+ version with little gain since most people
will have something newer.

For the moment, I think we shouldn't remove any CPP directives but
it's ok not to add new ones concerning Gtk+ versions 2.2. to 2.8.

> So we still need tag "#if GTK_CHECK_VERSION(2,2,0)"? It's too old.
> And .chs file don't support #if tag.

See the other mail.

Axel