Dear gtk2hs developers.

First of all, thanks for your work.

I've just make Chart package work in ghci, but it was not as straight
forward as I would like it to be. So I decided, that this information may
be usefull for somebody else (especially, if you can add some of these
notes to download section of your site or to installation instructions).

My setup:
me - newbie to haskell
OS - windows 7 Home basic x64 (Russian localization)
Haskell - haskell platform 2011.4.0.0 - GHC 7.0.4 - (actually, I've started
with previous version of haskell platform).

Initial try:
Download "full pack" for Gtk+ 2.24.8 (by the way, the link in the
installation instructions is broken, although it was not to hard to find
the right place :))
Try 'cabal install'. -> Installation went well. Finally I've come to
situation, when I can build executables, but cannot run .hs files from GHCi
and cannot install Chart package. Failure was on loading cairo package and
was somehow related to absence of _image_surface_get_data symbol.

Then I've discovered, that in the installation instructions there is notice
about the fact, that Gtk2hs may not work with gtk+22. So, I've assumed,
that gtk+24 may not work either. (And this was right assumption).

Skipping right to the end, I've succeeded with Gtk+ ver.18. I mean that
with this version I'm now able to start gtk2hs gui applications from ghci
and I succesfully installed Chart package. Actually, I did not try ver 22
(as it is mentioned in installation instructions as "not working") and
incorrectly tried ver.20 (see bellow), so I cannot tell, if Gtk+ver.20
works or not.

So, the main idea: make it more obvious for new users (from windows), that
versions 22 and 24 of Gtk+ do not work.

The second thing, which was not obvious for me is that to reinstall gtk2hs
with other viersion of Gtk+ binaries I must manually reinstall all its
packages in order. I.e. I had to run one by one manually:
cabal install glib --reinstall
cabal install gio --reinstall
cabal install cairo --reinstall
cabal install pango --reinstall
cabal install gtk --reinstall.
(running just last of these commands did not do the job and resulted in
absence of entry point for different functions)

This point was not obvious for me and I spent some time till I'd come to
this. It would be nice if you clarify this in some way for newbies (such as
me).

Hope, this will help to somebody.

Dmitry.