Quoting José Romildo Malaquias <j.romi...@gmail.com>:

> It would be nice to have a text introducing how gtk2hs is structured. It
> would give newcomers a starting for contributing to the project.

Hm. Not sure I have the time to outline the whole project -- gtk2hs is
large, and there's plenty of parts I don't even know about -- but if
you have specific questions we can certainly dig a bit together to see
how some particular thing happens.

Generally, the Haskell bindings are structured quite similarly to the
gtk+ libraries themselves. There is a separate package for each
library (as you'll see by just looking at the directory structure of
the repository). Perhaps the most perplexing packages to me are the
low-level ones, that deal with interfacing Gtk's object system with
GHC's garbage collector and Gtk's type hierarchy with Haskell's
somewhat different typeclass mechanism. A lot of the code to do that
is actually hidden in the "tools" directory in the repository, so if
that's the kind of thing you want to know about, I strongly recommend
starting there, specifically the *gen subdirectories. Other than that,
the only really new thing to learn (once you know Haskell ;-) is about
c2hs. There's some good documentation online for c2hs that outlines
what it does, though there are a few details different from gtk2hs'
fork of the tool.

Definitely keep us in the loop about what you're hacking on! =)

~d