>>> Preprocessing library gtksourceview2-0.12.3...
>>> dist/build/Graphics/UI/Gtk/SourceView/Types.h:1:28: fatal error:
>>> gtksourceview2.h: No such file or directory
>>> compilation terminated.
>>> gtk2hsC2hs: Error during preprocessing custom header file
>>>
>>> FWIW this happens with both ghc-7.0.4 and ghc-7.4.1.

(I should have mentioned Fedora.)

>>> Is gtk2hs-buildtools-0.12.3 needed to build all the recent 0.12.3 releases?

gtk2hs-buildtools-0.12.1 is fine.

>> Looks like it's a cabal-1.14.0/gtk2hsC2hs interaction issue.
>> Gentoo workarounds it by passing Include-dirs '.' explicitely:
>>
>> https://github.com/gentoo-haskell/gentoo-haskell/blob/master/dev-haskell/gtksourceview2/files/gtksourceview2-0.12.3-fixincl.patch

Thanks for that information.

> okay, we should probably just incorporate this change right into
> our repositories. I wonder if this fixes the other person's problem,
> too.

Presumably... I haven't had a chance to test this yet
but I see that gtk already includes '.' anyway so probably
it is the right thing to do.

I remember having trouble with building at least one other "secondary"
package - I need to check again for the details.

Jens