On 28 Apr 2013, at 11:15, koral <ko...@mailoo.org> wrote:
> Is it normal that both hierarchy* files are mentioned ? I would have expected
> only one of them.
>
> Besides, my webkitgtk-3.0 installation doesn't link well with the haskell
> binding:
> * the WebKitDOM*.h files are in a distinct 'webkitdom' directory; in
> cbits/events.h, I had to change the include path:
>
> -#include <webkit/WebKitDOMEventTarget.h>
> +#include <webkitdom/WebKitDOMEventTarget.h>
>
> * WebKitDOMWebKitAnimation* classes do not exist (anymore ?):
>
> -        WebKitDOMWebKitAnimation as WebKitAnimation,
> webkit_dom_webkit_animation_get_type if webkit-dom
> -        WebKitDOMWebKitAnimationList as WebKitAnimationList,
> webkit_dom_webkit_animation_list_get_type if webkit-dom
> +        #WebKitDOMWebKitAnimation as WebKitAnimation,
> webkit_dom_webkit_animation_get_type if webkit-dom
> +        #WebKitDOMWebKitAnimationList as WebKitAnimationList,
> webkit_dom_webkit_animation_list_get_type if webkit-dom
>
> * ... various other build problems due to unexisting classes from my
> webkitgtk installation.
>
> Is my webkitgtk3 installation too old/young, or is it something else ?

Sounds like it might be.  I have been using two different versions webkit
The one installed on the version of Ubuntu on travis (12.04).  You can see from
the
logs here...

https://travis-ci.org/leksah/leksah

Get:31 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-updates/main
libwebkitgtk-3.0-dev amd64 1.8.3-0ubuntu0.12.04.1 [287 kB]

The other version is the one on my Ubuntu 12.10 machine.  It is
1.10.0-0ubuntu1.1

If you have a newer version you can regenerate the DOM bindings.
This may be useful more as a guide than to actually make the
full changes.  If there are new functions to wrap it will probably
be helpful for that.

There is a webkit.idl file in the source that has #includes for all the
webkit IDL files.  You may need to add and remove things from this.

Generating the files is not automatic as hardly anyone will have
the IDL files (they are only included in the source packages).

The tool you need is here...
https://github.com/ghcjs/domconv-webkit

Cabal install this and then...

* Download and install the source package for the version webkit you have.
* cd to the Haskell webkit source
* domconv-webkit webkit.idl -I/.../webkit-1.8.0/Source/WebCore

Where /.../ is the path to the place where the source package is installed.

The too will update the files in the Graphics directory as well as
updating the hierachy files.

Then use darcs diff to see what has changed (it will have removed all the
existing
#ifdefs).  If the new changes are small I suggest using #ifdefs to make the
existing
source work.

> In advance, thank you for your assistance :) .

Hope this helps.