Daniel Wagner <dan...@wagner-home.com> writes:

> It's a good idea. I believe the problem I had when I tried it last was
> that cabal doesn't like ".." as part of an hs-source-dirs directive.
> But my memory is a bit fuzzy.

Hmmm, that could be problematic. I'll look into this.

> After I have a look at the various cabal-1.18 patches floating around
> it seems like a good thing to think about.

You may want to have a look at
https://github.com/bgamari/gtk2hs/tree/cabal-1.18 for this. I've been
meaning to get these patches back into Darcs for submission.

> Of course, the idea is that our moderately experienced Haskeller will be
> installing from Hackage, not darcs, and so most of these things are
> aimed at very experienced Haskellers who need to hack on gtk2hs.

Fair enough. Of course, the lower the bar to contributing the better.

> But your point stands: it would be nice to have more and/or easier
> instructions.
>
> See also bootstrap.sh, which builds both the gtk and gtk3 packages.

Thanks for this reference. That indeed confirms my suspicion. That being
said, why the "-0" suffix for the Gtk+ 2 Cabal file?

Cheers,

- Ben