Graphics.UI.Gtk.Windows.Dialog

The documentation says "the two primary areas of the window can be
accessed using dialogGetUpper and dialogGetActionArea." There is no
dialogGetUpper. Is it now dialogGetContentArea?

The documentation says "The top section is a VBox,". If dialogGetUpper
has been replaced by dialogGetContentArea, the latter returns an IO
Widget, not a Vbox and Widget is not in the ContainerClass. So how do
put something in the content area? In the C version of my project,
which of course uses gtk3 directly, I simply do a gtk_container_add to
the content area of the dialog. Works fine. The Haskell compiler won't
allow this, because, as I said above, Widget is not in the
ContainerClass, so I can't do a containerAdd. Can someone enlighten me
as to how one adds, say, a calendar, to the container area of a
dialog?

Graphics.UI.Gtk.Misc.Calendar

In the Signals section, we have

onDaySelected :: CalendarClass self => self -> IO () -> IO (ConnectId self)

This is a function, not a signal. It cannot be used with 'on'. I
suspect what is going on here is that a change has been made from
functions like this, with the signal name embedded in the function, to
use of 'on', which takes a signal as an argument. The latter makes
much more sense to me, a better design, in my opinion. But it looks
like the transition is only partly done. If I'm right about this, it
would really be helpful to warn users of this, and refer them to
documentation for how to use the old-style and new-style signal
connection. Perhaps I missed it, but I've found nothing in the
documentation that says anything about this. Or perhaps I've got this
wrong, in which case I'd appreciate an explanation.

/Don Allen