According to the GTS manual Andy is right, the sensor in the stock
airbox is an intake temperature sensor ( thermistor) and not a
volumetric/pressure transducer. Simply put, its value is an input (out of 5) to
the
compensation which produces the injection command/timing.

Being a thermistor, its location i.e. in or out of the box should not be
as important since such sensors tend to stabilize quickly and remain
within their environment range. And I doubt seriously that by removing
the air box one can go beyond the threshold & calibration of this
sensor.

George applying logic as well as physics