> The Virago has a single pin crank and the rods are side by side. The reason
> is is smoother than the HD is the angle between the cylinders is greater,
> seperating the power pulses farther apart.

I'll be darned.  I stand corrected.  Thanks, Bob!  I imagine the
stressed member part helps too.

 -K

 Mr. Kelly Cash / Chief Technologist MITS Unix       Phone: 408-576-3663
 Cadence Design Systems                                FAX: 408-894-3400
 2655 Seely Ave, Bldg 6, MS 6B1                      Pager: 888-853-8860
 San Jose, CA  95134                            email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]