> I am seriously considering getting a GTS 1000, and I have some
> questions, if you don't mind spending a little time to educate a
> prospective afficianado.  Where can I find the specs?   I have a 29"
> inseam and seat height is a factor for me.  Is there a service manual
> for this bike?

Yes. Costs about $40-45.00 depending on your dealer.  Part Number(s)
is(are):

1. Service Manual LIT-11616-09-22
2. Service Manual New Features LIT-11616-09-22  (as you can see 1 & 2 are
different books w/ same part #)
3. Service Manual Supplementary LIT-11616-09-19

> Are OEM parts still available?

As far as _I_ know they are.  The bikes are only 5-6 years old and they are
still being sold in Europe.  Others on the list will know for sure.

> Is there anything
> else, positive or negative, that you think I should know going in?

Technologically the neatest thing on 2 wheels.  I call it a sport-tourer
biased towards sport, as opposed to my Concours which is a sport tourer
biased towards touring.

> Finally, do you know of any for sale?
I have found GTSs listed for sale within the past week at the following
locations:

http://www.cycle-ad.com
http://www.cyclesales.com
http://www.motorcycle.com
http://www.motorcycleshopper.com
http://www.traderonline.com/cycle/search/index.shtml
http://www.classifieds2000.com

Henry S. Winokur
'87 Concours, '94 GTS 1000
AMA Lifer, COG #39, MRF, MSF/MD MSP Certified Instructor
West Bethesda, MD