Not trimming this on purpose - for those who didn't save it.

Kevin
Thanks - your instructions are much clearer than the manual.

The reason Yamy only boots the left side is all of the exposed bushing is
potentially the inner race for the needle bearing (if you have to adjust
camber) and they're trying to keep it clean/unrusted (musta saved $.02/bike
only doing one side).  I like your idea of adding a boot on the right, I'm
going to get one.  You didn't mention the right bearing is a spherical rod
end type, need to rotate the ball sideways & grease (alright, you implied it
but ya need to spell it out for us idjits).  Which brings me to a question -
how difficult is it to replace the spherical bearing?  Since the original
owner didn't add the extra boot I found that the ball was slightly rusty.  I
cleaned it as well as possible and greased it liberally but it's life is
gonna be short.  (residual rust + grease = lapping compound).  Is this
something that is reasonable to attempt or leave to the dealer?

For anyone attempting this service, many of the parts including the washers
are heat treated.  If you lose or otherwise need to replace one, GO BUY ONE.
Raiding your parts bin is a bad idea.

Thanks again Kevin, although I am beginning to wonder.  You describe how to
fix something and shortly my bike needs it.  I think the damn thing is
sneaking in while I'm at work and reading your messages for symptoms.

Bill