> I practice sliding the front wheel as well as "stoppies" regularly
> on my  KX250, as does Louis and Sven, I'm sure.    Trials riders are
> masters of the  front brake and control -- I know we have a trials
rider on this
> list who  could add to this...

he heh heh, sliding front tires is kinda fun.  The big catch is doing it
when you want to and not falling over. :)
Went down twice this weekend from the front tire sliding, once from over
braking on a rutted down hill, once from leaf covered barkless trees.
Once again I can advicate the use of helmets, and asprin. :)
Louis