I have been using OEM but a step up from stock (85/120W) on both my bikes. Much
more light output in front of the handle bars and bulb only costs $13. Now will
the higher wattage damage the sockets? Only time will tell but my mind tells me
NOT, especially if high beam low beam is alternated frequently during long
trips.

George says let there be light

PS. Merry Christmass to all my fellow listers, including the ones I don't like,
it's up to you to figure out who you are :-)