In a message dated 1/9/00 12:00:54 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>The skiing is better compared to where?
>
>Banff, Lake Louise, Whistler are usually rated in the top five in North
>America.

Compared to the Eastern U.S., my friend. That's where I was when I took up
motorcycling (long, long ago) and decided it was too important to give up for
several months of the year. California skiing is very pleasant because it's
warm and usually sunny, less than two hours from a 70-degree beach. And Utah
skiing is less than a hour's flight away. Colorado another hour. Whistler's
big and wonderful, but the snow doesn't match the Rockies. And Banff? Haven't
been there in winter because it's just too cold. Great summer riding though!
Best tour of my life (so far) took me through there. For you old timers, I
shot two covers for Road Rider on the one.