Guys, the EggParka (I'd definitely suggest they call it something else --
eggs break if you drop them) would look un-cool if it inflated but that's
the least of our worries in a crash. It looks as if it's trying to give
protection against back and neck injuries - who's against that?
Un-inflated, it just looks like a vest. The question is whether it's
effective, which is not obvious. In most crashes does the rider fly far
enough from the bike to pull its cable? Does it inflate fast enough? Is its
fabric strong enough not to tear as soon as you hit the road? Is there any
test data to measure its effectiveness (test dummies etc., not people)?
        Spinal injuries are a nightmare and I would consider using a safety device
that improved the odds on this, but I've got to be convinced that it works.

Gil H.