Remember folks, when the oil light comes on its simply an "Oil Level"
indicator not an oil pressure light. The GTS is prone to burning some oil
especially if you're cruising above 5000 RPM consistently so Yamaha has
created an oil level warning light instead of the usual pressure light. I've
seen this light come on with my bike only 1/4 qt. low while running at 90 +
MPH in Utah a few years ago. Simply top it off when you get home and don't
worry about it. BTW - Mazda has the same feature on it's RX7.

Kevin Hawkins // Greensboro, NC
AMA #609423  // [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.geocities.com/~raddboy
Y2K Kawasaki ZRX1100 // '93 Yamaha GTS1000