From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of SHAWN PEARSALL
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2000 4:52 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Load of Crap from Yamaha!

Yup you guessed it.....my bike is now back at the dealer....good weather
here so they tested the bike on dry pavement and gravel.  Apply both
brakes.....abs works (he says).  Use the rear brake, he can get the wheel to
lock up...he calls Yamaha (Corp Engineering...then Cavenaugh...who now
doesn't want to talk to anyone about this...he deferrs the technicians to
the Regional Technician now handling the  cases on a case by case basis.)
Yamaha says....locking up the rear wheel WITHOUT using the front brake will
always cause the abs to lock up the rear wheel (or some line of shit like
that).

I say Bull Shit...this is not a linked abs system. it never did this before
up until 10K miles, Yamaha RT says he will authorize the replacement of the
unit, but what am I going to do for Yamaha after it doesn't change anything.
My service guy indicated...Would I pay Yamaha $2,000 for the upgrade?  Would
I blast a message to the list indicating how wrong we really are for pushing
Yamaha into this replacement policy?

This is shit guys & gal...if you can tell I'm pissed  your right.  I've been
getting crap customer service from K-mart to Yamaha this week  and this
stuff really gets my goat.

Here's what I need:

Those people with the new HU's..please go try this test for us....find some
slight gravel, lock up the brakes (both) to confirm your abs works...careful
more back than front here) Then try just your back brakes...to see if the
pulse or lock up.  Keep in mind Yamaha is saying the rear wheel is
"supposed" to lock up if only the rear brake is applied....I think this is
crap

Those without replacement units...try this as well...less see how much
Yamaha really knows about their own technology

Please prove me wrong

Shawn P