Yesterday I actually got out a bike, first time in months.  A friend also
was going riding, but his bike was in the shop in Deming, NM, about an
hour from here.  I offered to give him a pillion ride over to get his
bike, then we'd do the twisty route home.

When we got to the shop, he volunteered an interesting observation.  When
he dropped off the bike a week earlier, another mutual friend brought him
back to Las Cruces on the back of his BMW R100RT.  The immediate comment I
got was that the GTS is a far superior pillion ride.

I find this especially interesting, since the R100RT is supposed to be one
of the best two-up rides around (excepting the really mongo bikes like
Goldwings).  I've never ridden on the back of mine, but this is a very
favorable review.  And the comment came from a person with no special
interest in either bike, so it's presumably pretty fair.  (And a person
who's been riding for close to half a century, and is about 5'10" tall.)

OK, my SO has always said the back of the GTS is not a bad ride.  Anyone
else doing much two-up riding out there?

Phil

P.S.  The Corbin with the backrest in position was on the bike.  The
backrest was a major positive.