Once upon a time.  I bought a 78 XS1100 a one year old trade in.  The
fellow that bought it got several speeding tickets going to Daytona in 79.
His lost my gain.  What a bike.  Later mods with a fork brace, Kerker header,
air box mods, and K181 tires it was a blast.  My first shaft drive bike.
Even with 70's straight back frame and handling I kept it till Yamaha ended
production of the power train.  Nothing Yamaha come out with effected me till
the GTS.  When I saw it I wanted one.  The only I mean Only thing that keeps
the GTS from being the most first class is it doesn't have shaft drive.  Are
any Yamaha product researchers listing in?  If they are going to bring out a
GTS again they need to have a shaft drive.  If BMW can make the K12 which I
have played tag with and do respect it's capabilities then Yamaha can do the
same.  If the XS shaft drive had problems then I didn't find it.  Back when I
was much younger [crazier] and ran bikes harder it didn't brake down.  Coming
out of a mountain curve I once spun the rear tire off the rim.  Would I
trade?  well... most likely.

Ken Swartz