We've been around on this one before, but I've noticed one thing about my
bike, which is curious to say the least.

My oil level light seems to be prone to coming on right after I shut the
bike off briefly.  I can ride with a full tank, no oil light for 200 or so
miles, then stop for gas, and sure enough, right after getting back on the
hiway it starts again.  Maybe it's my imagination, but it always seems to
be more likely to come on after sitting for a short period.

If I ride for a day and then park the bike for a longer time frame, days
or weeks, and then start it, there doesn't seem to be this issue.

Is there somewhere in the engine that oil "goes" when you turn off a hot
engine?  Am I just imagining this?  I can't figure out why it would
happen, and it could be one of those "perceived correlations" with no
basis in reality.

Phil