From: Alan Tooraen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2000 1:58 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: My GTS got hit !! #$%#!@

John, Competition Accessories has GTS parts. On another note I found out
this weekend at the BMW national in Midland Michigan that the Russel
seat man passed away about a week ago. Many people say that the Russel
Day Long is the best seat ever made for long distance cycling. I have
sat on a few and had to awakened after a few minutes. Now that what I
call comfort. There were six thousand bikes at the BMW moa , and three
1993 GTS models., and one 1994 . My 1994 has color matched Krausers, and
it drew a crowd . Many questions, and the comment that now that sounds
like a motorcycle at idle. The new BMW bikes sound remarkably like giant
two wheeled sewing machines at idle. Does anyone know if the K1200 is
faster than a GTS ?? I know they claim a top end of 152 on the K bike,
but the quarter mile times were the same as a GTS , in the 11.70'S .
K-1200'S have a six speed , so top end is not a fair comparison. I have
pushed my GTS to about 140 down Big Bend Texas way with the bags back at
the campground. I think it would have gone a bit faster, but I did not
want to push my luck on a then new bike. Anyone have any top end
figures?? Several K bike types had inquiring minds and wanted to know.
For a 94 model bike to still have that much interest tells me we are
riding way hip slick and cool machines!!

Sincerely,

Alan Tooraen