>to speak off the on-off gas at low RPM's) but for the rest a great bike. I
>assume the problem is to solve with some adjusting of the injection but
that

I think the general concensus is to do the following things to minimize
(but not eliminate) this condition:

--------------------

1 - Set ECU potentiometers to the "1:00" position.  On both of my
bikes, stock was all pots to the "5:00" position.

2 - Syncronize throttle bodies.

3 - Set TPS voltage to 0.65 volts.

4 - Ensure chain is tightened to the "snug" side of the slack spec.

5 - Minimize throttle freeplay.

--------------------

As a question to the list... theorize with me for a second:

We believe that this condition is caused by the ECU having a map that
starts injecting fuel at a given throttle position.  Below this, the ECU
cuts
the fuel flow as a gas saving / emissions (?) measure.  Of course, there's
some flow at idle or the engine would stall.  I'm not sure if the ECU knows
to inject at closed throttle at idle via RPM or via speed.

Anyway, if we could move the throttle position sensor (either mechanically
or electrically) so that the ECU believes the throttle is never below this
"cutoff" point, it wouldn't cut the fuel flow at closed/low throttle.  The
engine
speed would still be limited by the throttle body being closed.  I mean to
tell the ECU the throttle is never closed, not to actually keep the
throttle
open by adjusting the cable...

Does this make sense?  I think you'd lose the gas savings on coast down
that you get now with the ECU cutting fuel, but that may be worth the
added smoothness in low throttle positions.

Comments, suggestions??

Thanks,

Stephen
'93 GTS1000A, '00 Valkyrie Interstate