Buy her some boots without heels...

-----Original Message-----
From: Douglass McIntosh [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2000 2:45 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: passenger pegs

I have a question for all of you two-uppers out there:  How in the world did

you solve the problem of keeping your significant other's foot off the
exhaust?  Let me explain if I am being too cryptic:

Last weekend my girlfriend and I were riding around the hill country and she

was unable to have much fun after a while because of the placement of her
right foot.  I have a size 13 foot, and that doesn't leave much room for her

foot forward of the peg.  Rearwards, her shoe would touch and burn on the
muffler.  So, she would turn her foot outwards, but that's a pain after 100
miles or so.  So the question is, are we doomed, or can I find, say, foot
boards that can be adapted to the GTS, or is there another way you guys have

figured out?  As things stand, it puts a damper on our long range touring
plans.....

Cheers,

Doug McIntosh
1993 Yamaha GTS 1000A