In a message dated 8/7/00 11:05:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

>  one of the road tests pointed out that the high-speed "oh-shits" (100 to 0
>  as I recall) the GTS stopped quicker than anything they could find, two
>  wheel or four, ever published in any roadtesting magazine.  Wish I could
>  remember which test made that claim, but that big ventilated,
>  center-mounted disc up front will really scrub off the speed.  And another
>  test did three immediately-successive 140-0 stops and couldn't get ANY
>  measurable fade.

I looked through my Ian Smith articles and found this stuff on brakes.
The 0-140-0 tests were done be MCNews in March '93.  Rider magazine did 60-0
tests where the GTS was consistently stopping in less than 90 feet.  They
said they had never seen any results like this from any car or motorcycle.
Lastly, here's a link to the Internet BMW site where they have a MCNews ABS
test.  The GTS is not included, but it's interesting to see where and for who
ABS was an advantage.
http://www.ibmwr.org/prodreview/abstests.html

Fred