> I'll pick on your observation, Roberto.  All else
> being equal, rider mass will NOT affect stopping
> distance.  The more the mass to stop, the more the
> downforce this mass has and thus increases traction
> available to stop.  This continues until you overpower
> the brakes or blow-up the tires.
> This was the day I was awake in physics class...
> Fl Kev

mmmmh... not convinced, though I see your point. Next time we ride down The
Stelvio pass, you carry all my luggage so you have that extra traction. Oh,
you're welcome to give my lady a pillion ride, too. Or maybe not, maybe I'm
right after all and someone will go down the side of the mountain.

I believe the extra momentum of inertia (not sure that's the correct word in
English) WILL account for extra distance coming to a halt. Let's go find a
truck driver in San Francisco and ask him about stopping a full load going
down Russian Hill.

Later!