From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2000 4:35 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: Radar Dectector/Jammer

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> One of the car magazines tested these a few years ago.  The detector
worked,
> but the jammer did nothing.

Which could be a good thing.  As I understand it, a jammer is a form of
radio, and while we can receive radio without a license (radar detector)
once we cross the line into jamming it we have lots of Federal agencies
very unhappy with us.

My favorite was a many years ago, sold as "plans" only for legal reasons,
of a "hypothetical" device that would switch (at your option) between
sending back radar signals at a set reading (say, 54 mph), or as some
percentage of what is really happening (54%, so at 100 would be 54 mph).

Cool idea.

Phil

------_=_NextPart_001_01C01844.B3036BC4

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>RE: Radar Dectector/Jammer</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I actualy built one of these about 15 years =
ago.&nbsp; Funny thing about it, the thing worked !!&nbsp; However, the =
parts were very hard to find, and very expensive.&nbsp; You had the =
option of using either one or two transmitters, and my version only =
worked on X and K band.&nbsp; I just used one transmitter, and the =
total cost of parts was way over $500, plus the thing wound up far =
bigger than planned.&nbsp; It was impractical to use in a normal =
car.&nbsp; If it could have been weatherized, it might have worked in a =
tractor trailer with two transmitters. </FONT></P>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]">mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]</A>]</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2000 4:35 PM</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>To: Multiple recipients of list</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Subject: Re: Radar Dectector/Jammer</FONT>
</P>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>On Wed, 6 Sep 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; One of the car magazines tested these a few =
years ago.&nbsp; The detector worked, </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; but the jammer did nothing.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Which could be a good thing.&nbsp; As I understand =
it, a jammer is a form of</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>radio, and while we can receive radio without a =
license (radar detector)</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>once we cross the line into jamming it we have lots =
of Federal agencies</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>very unhappy with us.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>My favorite was a many years ago, sold as =
&quot;plans&quot; only for legal reasons,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>of a &quot;hypothetical&quot; device that would =
switch (at your option) between</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>sending back radar signals at a set reading (say, 54 =
mph), or as some</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>percentage of what is really happening (54%, so at =
100 would be 54 mph).</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Cool idea.</FONT>
</P>