While we are on the topic of top speed and the GTS, I know it goes at least
this fast because I was using a GPS unit. But on the bright side my speedo
was indicating about 145 + - 1 mph, and it seemed like it would go a smidge
faster but I was riding with two other guys and that was as fast we were
going at the time. I cannot say about the saddle bags, I don't have any. I
do have a taller front windshield than stock and it was "whipping and
flexing back" enough to make me nervous, and if it came off would take me
off too! Which begs the question, has anyone on the list heard of and
windshield or upright failures with the GTS yet?

Since that little speed fest I try not to go more than 125 mph or so for any
extended time, but I have considered getting a smaller windshield ~ and for
all of you responsible types on the list, I only ride like this when it is
safe to do so. FYI on speed and experience - I also race a Pro Rally Car and
have about fifteen years of bike racing under my belt so I do have some
experience with going fast... and living to tell about it. This is not to
say I condone going supersonic fast on public roads, it was uh, for testing
purposes and done if an relatively safe fashion. Nuf said on that.

For the techies, I have recently changed my sprockets and chain to a smaller
diameter, but the gearing is of the stock tooth count.

Charlie D
94GTS1K-A