In your message dated: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 02:47:37 EDT,
your pithy ruminations on <Re: New Yamaha sport-tourer> were:
=> Uh oh, looks like my ST1100 could be in danger of being replaced... Nah,
=> there likely will be a better ST1100 before the FJR1300 gets here. And I
=> actually have no love for inline-4 engines anyway. If it wasn't for the
=> uniqueness of the GTS, I'd have never considered it. Just a personal thing.
=> (And I'm hoping not to start a long string here.) I think of an inline-4 as a
=> car engine. The feel and sound of a V or boxer seems more bike-like to me.
=> Heck, it wasn't easy for me to consider anything beyond a twin.

I agree completely! The GTS engine is fine, but has so little character. I
really liked my R1100RS, when it wasn't puking up oil, burning the clutch,
chewing up the transmission, blowing out studs,  etc. Hmmm...maybe there's
something to be said for less character.

I'd like to give the Ducati ST4 a good thrash^H^H^H^H^H^Htest ride someday.

=>
=> But the FJR1300 is looking pretty good. Of course, the listed dry weight is
=> only about 30 pounds less than the brochure spec for the GTS. This still
=> ain't no lightweight by any stretch!

My next bike has got to weigh about 100lbs or more less than the GTS.

Mark
=>
=> -Jay
=>