Shawn,

Let's see, where to begin, oh yes, I know......OUCH DAMMIT!!!!

There.

Now, for the armor.  I don't use it.  I have two  sets of leathers,
neither with armor, both with extra padding and thicker leather in key
spots.  Armor is likely useful though.

What armor does is spread a sharp or pointed impact over a larger area.
This in turn can help to avoid a broken bone, etc., but in a truly serious
impact you'll still break things.  Most track folks use armor and swear by
it, but people I know often avoid it on the street.

On a similar topic--back protectors.  Does anyone on this list use one for
regular street riding?

Armor and back protectors are both standard fair on most tracks.  I've not
checked the club-level web pages to see if the rules mandate them, but it
may be required.  A good idea none-the-less.

Oh.....one last thing.  Speaking of breaking bones, did ya get a plate
number on the @$$ho!e who started this mess???  Want the GTS Touring
Society to show up in numbers and use our no-longer-functional stock
chains (we've all converted, remember?) to beat the tar out of him???
Huh?  Huh????  :)

Phil

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Shawn Pearsall wrote:

> In my few years of being on here...we've danced around the topic, but never
> officially talked about it..so here it goes:
>
> Body armor...anyone wear it (besides inside the suits)?  If  so what type,
> where?
>
> Recently I had the displeasure of meeting a young man at a stop sign.  I was
> about to do a California roll.......

snip