On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 10:40 PM, Marina Zhurakhinskaya
<marina...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Marina,

> The majority of the board voted for the long version of the code of
> conduct for GUADEC to be posted. We really appreciate all the work
> done by the organizers, but people who voted in favor feel that it's
> the board's responsibility to make decisions that affect the GNOME
> community as a whole, and having the code of conducts for events is
> one such decision. Our goal is to develop a similar code of conduct
> that applies to all GNOME events. People who voted in favor thought
> that explaining the rules and how they will be enforced is a good
> idea.

As I said earlier, we disapprove but will comply with the decision
taken by the board.

> Please post the version below, which includes a "short version", on
> https://www.guadec.org/conduct

Your account on the Wordpress should have sufficient permission. Can
you take care of that?

> The reason the board was included in this thread from the beginning is
> that the initial policy said that people can contact anyone on the
> board and because I wanted people on the board to be able to provide
> feedback about the policy.

Ok. I think it would have been useful to mention it in the beginning.

--
Alexandre Franke