On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 1:24 AM, Ekaterina Gerasimova <k...@gnome.org> wrote:
> The TC provides accommodation rather than cash to those who are
> sponsored for GUADEC (exception to the rule tends to be less than
> 1/100).
>
> We prefer to go for the cheapest option per person as that allows us
> to offer sponsorship to more people. We do normally expect 2 people to
> share a room although there are usually about 3 or so who take single
> rooms for reasons.
>
> The yough hostel is probably not what we'd be looking for, especially
> if it's shared bathrooms too. Anyone sponsored by the TC would be
> expected to check out on the last day of the hackfests or pay for any
> extra nights themselves.

Thanks for the info. Does the University accommodation seem
appropriate then? At £43 a night it's the cheapest non-hostel place
we've found.

I guess what we'd do is reserve 30 to 40 rooms there for travel
committee bookings and leave the rest up to the travel committee?

I've found a video tour of the uni accommodation here, you just have
to imagine that it's empty :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AiBxobxxbk

Sam