h1 a:hover {background-color:#888;color:#fff ! important;}
div#emailbody table#itemcontentlist tr td div ul {
list-style-type:square; padding-left:1em; } div#emailbody
table#itemcontentlist tr td div blockquote { padding-left:6px;
border-left: 6px solid #dadada; margin-left:1em; } div#emailbody
table#itemcontentlist tr td div li { margin-bottom:1em;
margin-left:1em; } table#itemcontentlist tr td a:link,
table#itemcontentlist tr td a:visited, table#itemcontentlist tr td
a:active, ul#summarylist li a { color:#000033; font-weight:bold;
text-decoration:none; } img {border:none;}
The Sport Review: “Cristiano Ronaldo confident Portugal will make the
cut” plus 6 more

- Cristiano Ronaldo confident Portugal will make the cut
- Dementieva pulls out of Wimbledon with calf injury
- Rafael Benítez sets his sights on instant Inter success
- Dunga hits back at critics ahead of North Korea opener
- Franz Beckenbauer launches scathing attack on England
- Italy begin defence of their trophy with Paraguay draw
- Van Marwijk delight after Dutch scrape past the Danes Cristiano
Ronaldo confident Portugal will make the cut Posted: 15 Jun 2010 04:05
PM PDT


Ronaldo, 25, has not scored for Portugal for over 16 months (Photo:
Tsutomu Takasu)Cristiano Ronaldo says Portugal “have every chance” of
reaching the last 16 of the World Cup following their 0-0 draw with
Ivory coast on Tuesday.Ronaldo, 25, came close for Portugal when he
sent a fierce strike goal-wards from 35 yards only to see his effort
smash onto the post.
Despite enjoying a prolific season at Real Madrid, the 25-year-old has
not scored for his country since he got the winner in a friendly
against Finland in February of last year.
But the Portugal captain is remaining upbeat and is confident his team
will qualify for the next round.
“We haven’t lost anything by this draw,” said Ronaldo. “This has
happened to other teams like England.
“We now have to play North Korea, (followed by Group G favourites
Brazil), we still have every chance of making it into the next round.”
Ronaldo was booked by referee Jorge Larrionda following a tackle by Guy
Demel.
“I didn’t understand the referee’s decision, I respect it but he gave
me a yellow and I didn’t do anything, he thinks I dived.”
Carlos Queiroz says a draw was a fair result and is confident ahead of
Portugal’s next match against North Korea.
“Now we still have six points to play for,” said Queiroz. “Our next
game is against a team (North Korea) that are not candidates to go
forward, so we’ll see what comes out of that.
“After the second batch of matches will be the time too put our cards
on the table, our last game will not be a time to defend.”
Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba, who was cleared by FIFA to wear a
protective cast on the broken arm he picked up last week, was delighted
at his team’s performance and the overall result.
“I’m very happy, especially when we took a point from a dangeorus team
like Portugal,” said Drogba.
“We showed that we could put together some excellent moves. Now we have
to focus on Brazil.
“When you remember we lost our first two matches at the 2006 World Cup
I think you can say we have started this one well.
“A good World Cup for us would be to produce great performances against
our three first round rivals because Ivory Coast has only won a single
game in its brief World Cup history.”

- Portugal not concerned by Spain threat, insists Ronaldo
- Brazil latest: Kaká confident after Tanzania demoliton
- ‘Superman’ Ronaldo can lead Portugal to World Cup glory Dementieva
pulls out of Wimbledon with calf injury Posted: 15 Jun 2010 10:09 AM PDT


Dementieva, 28, picked up the injury at Roland Garros (Photo:
houghtquotient.com)Elena Dementieva has pulled out of Wimbledon with
the same injury that forced her to retire during her Roland Garros
semi-final.The Russian world No.5 was forced to retired following the
conclusion of the first set against Francesca Schiavone in Paris and
has failed to recover in time for next week’s Championships.
The 28-year-old had originally complained of the calf problem following
her quarter-final win over compatriot Nadia Petrova.
Dementieva reached the semi-finals of Wimbledon in 2008 and 2009.
Earlier this year, Dementieva retired from her Dubai Tennis
Championships second-round match against Daniela Hantuchová with a
shoulder injury.

- Belief the key to French triumph, says Schiavone
- Baltacha loses out in Paris — Roland Garros day 2 review
- Schiavone win symbolised my Italy, says Marcello Lippi Rafael Benítez
sets his sights on instant Inter success Posted: 15 Jun 2010 09:40 AM
PDT


Benítez, 50, signed a two-year deal with the Italian sideRafael Benítez
says he wants to maintain Inter Milan’s winning mentality after the
Spaniard was presented to the Italian media this morning.The former
Liverpool manager signed a two-year deal with the treble-winning
Italian side after José Mourinho left the club to join Real Madrid.
“Inter are coming off an almost perfect year,” said Benítez. “I want
the footballers not to lose the desire to win. I want to keep that
winning mentality.
“After this excellent season, Inter has the chance to win six trophies
and we will do all we can to win them.”
Inter won five trophies during Mourinho’s two-year spell at the San
Siro but Benítez claims his new side’s focus will be on playing “good
football”.
“I don’t think I am the anti-Mourinho, but I am different,” he
continued.
“I am a coach who likes winning, who likes playing good football,
though, so I don’t think we are different in that.
“The mentality is always to win playing well and playing well depends
on the players you have. I have the mentality of winning playing good
football. I think the players are good and they like playing good
football.
“We’ll try to win playing good football but what’s most important is
winning.”
And Benítez insisted there were no hard feelings following his Anfield
exit and that he had been in contact with most of Liverpool’s players.
“It was a sad day when I had to go but things changed so I had to do
it. I have been in contact with most of the players and they told me
‘thank you for everything’ and I told them the same,” he added.

- Rafael Benítez ‘agrees deal to be Inter Milan manager’
- Rafael Benítez signs two-year deal with Inter Milan
- José Mourinho does it again as Inter Milan clinch treble Dunga hits
back at critics ahead of North Korea opener Posted: 15 Jun 2010 08:01
AM PDT


Dunga (Photo: Reto Stauffer)Dunga insists he is unbothered by critics
of his Brazil side's supposedly defensive mentality.Under the
46-year-old coach Brazil have become accustomed to playing in a more
measured style.
But after showing some convincing form in the lead-up to the
competition, the 1994 World Cup winner remains unconcerned.
"In truth I’ve heard the criticism that we lack creativity and that we
are prone to excessive defensive play since the beginning," he said.
"It doesn’t bother me if people criticise me, but it has got to be done
with a certain degree of respect and responsibility."
The five-time champions kick-off their campaign against North Korea at
Ellis Park tonight.
And despite being heavy favourites, Dunga praised the efforts of Asian
teams and said his side would not be underestimating their lowly
opponents.
"We have to congratulate the Asian teams, they have evolved
tremendously over the years," he said.
"We have to respect our opponent and do everything in our grasp to win."

- Júlio César will be fit for North Korea clash, says Dunga
- Brazil latest: Kaká confident after Tanzania demoliton
- Dutch can go the distance, insists Van der Vaart Franz Beckenbauer
launches scathing attack on England Posted: 15 Jun 2010 04:42 AM PDT


Beckenbauer, 64, made his comments in a South African newspaperFranz
Beckenbauer has launched a scathing attack on England’s style of play,
claiming Fabio Capello’s side play “kick and rush”
football.Beckenbauer, 64, was commenting following England’s 1-1 draw
with the United States on Saturday and after Germany recorded a 4-0
thumping of Australia the following day.
“What I saw of the English against the USA had very little to do with
football,” said Beckenbauer in a column for South African newspaper the
Times.
“It looked to me as if the English have gone backwards into the bad old
days of kick and rush. I am not sure if the England coach Fabio Capello
can still change much there.
“The English are being punished for the fact that there are very few
English players in the Premier League as clubs use better foreign
players from all over the world.”
Wayne Rooney and Ashley Cole returned to full England training on
Tuesday ahead of their next Group C match against Algeria on Friday,
the same day that Germany face Serbia in Group D.

- I didn’t make mistakes, insists Capello after US draw
- Gareth Barry set to miss England World Cup opener
- Lewis Holtby — Exclusive Interview Italy begin defence of their
trophy with Paraguay draw Posted: 15 Jun 2010 04:24 AM PDT


Italy captain Fabio Cannavaro (Photo: Giampaolo Squarcina)World
champions Italy came from behind to salvage a 1-1 draw against Paraguay
in their opening Group F match last night.Paraguay took a shock lead
from a set piece on 39 minutes after Aureliano Torres fired a wonderful
delivery into the Italian penalty area.
Wigan Athletic's Antolín Alcaraz rose highest, towering over the
experienced Fabio Cannavaro and Daniele De Rossi, and powering a header
past Gianluigi Buffon.
Italy, widely written off as contenders at this World Cup, looked
stupefied. For a country which successfully adopted the infamous
catenaccio, the soft manner in which the goal was conceded perhaps
highlighted the weaknesses in this Italian side.
But Marcello Lippi's team emerged for the second half seizing the
initiative.
The defending champions dominated proceedings, enjoying the majority of
possession but lacking the final decisive pass and the ruthless edge up
front.
Nevertheless the Italians were gifted an equaliser midway through the
second half.
Italy's Pepe fired in an average-looking delivery from a corner which
appeared a simple take for Justo Villar. Bizarrely, however, the
Paraguayan keeper decided to lurch forward and attempt to punch,
perhaps attracted to the ball by the darting run of Alberto Gilardino.
The flight of the ball deceived Villar and floated over the helpless
keeper with Daniele De Rossi on hand to tap home.
Villar redeemed himself somewhat when he made two sharp saves from
Claudio Marchiso and Riccardo Montolivo.
In the post match conference, Marcello Lippi talked up Italy's
performance insisting the Azzurri merited a victory.
"We played a good game. The only thing we missed were the three
points," Lippi told Gazetta della Sport.
"Italy had the head, legs and the heart if anyone had any doubt," added
Lippi. "I am very satisfied of the approach, mentality and quality of
our play."

- Lippi’s Italy beaten by Mexico in World Cup warm-up
- Defending champions Italy prepare for Paraguay test
- Italy draw with Switzerland in final World Cup warm-up Van Marwijk
delight after Dutch scrape past the Danes Posted: 15 Jun 2010 02:45 AM
PDT


Bert van Marwijk (Photo: Knurftendans)Holland boss Bert van Marwijk
expressed his pleasure in opening their campaign with victory over
neighbours Denmark in Johannesburg yesterday.The Dutch, tipped to do
well in South Africa, were far from their fluent best and it took an
own goal from Simon Poulsen to break the deadlock just after half-time.
Liverpool striker Dirk Kuyt made sure of the win five minutes from time
and van Marwijk expressed his satisfaction with the points after the
game.
"I’ve always said that this was the most important match because a good
beginning to a world championship is so important," he said.
"Today, as you could see, there was a bit of tension with the players.
It was difficult, but we won, which is the most important thing.
"You cannot afford to make many mistakes, but we played well, we didn’t
give away too many opportunities and all the players should be
complimented for that.
"In the end, we are really pleased with this win."
Meanwhile star-player Arjen Robben has rejoined the squad.
The Bayern Munich winger injured his hamstring in the warm-up win over
Hungary last week but could be fit in time to face Japan in Durban on
Saturday.

- Holland latest: van Marwijk takes Robben injury risk
- France under pressure after stalemate with Uruguay
- Effective acclimatisation crucial to England’s success You are
subscribed to email updates from The Sport Review
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. Email delivery
powered by Google Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610

--
Posted By Mas Item Arekjowo to Bwinsport | Gila Bola at 6/17/2010
05:05:00 PM

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Gugukluhayat" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/gugukluhayat?hl=en.

Cevap