> On Sep 21, 2015, at 1:08 PM, Ludovic Courtès <l...@gnu.org> wrote:
>
> David Thompson <da...@gnu.org> skribis:
>
>> JSON is an commonly encountered format when writing web applications,
>> much like XML, and I think it would be a good idea if the core Guile
>> distribution had an SXML equivalent for JSON.  This patch introduces
>> such an interface in the (ice-9 json) module.
>
> There’s also guile-json, bindings to a C library, but I think it’s
> better to have a pure Scheme implementation, and to have it in Guile
> core.
>
> I wonder if we should introduce it in 2.0.  What do people think?

I would be happy to have this in the core; I have used it.  A few comments:

1. There is a minor typo in the source: should be "denominator.”
2. The comments say integers are converted to exact and floating point to
inexact, but the code will convert 1.0 to exact.

> Would it work to use the parser from (language ecmascript parse),
> possibly restricting it?  Or do you think it’s more viable to have a
> separate parser because there are too many differences?

I vote for separate parser, the json.scm file is lightweight.  json.scm.go is <
17k.