I mostly agree with David Pirotte here. For a program, it is not always
relevant what it is implemented in except if it is meant to go with several
other programs (say it is part of a framework). Now, for an all new program,
mentioning what it is implemented in in the name is a reasonable choice.
Changing the name of a program to do it is a bit different circumstance.

However, there is a major catch in this situation. Christian Brunello mentioned
in the first email, if I read it correctly, that there are plans and intentions
to extend it beyond just fdisk. Then renaming to something like [something]
diskutils makes a lot of sense. If it is just a bunch of programs we get back
to the argument earlier about including guile in the name or not. However, if
those plans for extension include libraries and/or packages for use by other
3rd party programs, then the implementation possibly matters a lot. If this is
part of the plan, then Guile Diskutils is a fairly reasonable name in my
opinion. I really hope this is in the plan, by the way. There are a lot of
interesting things that could lead to.

Freja Nordsiek