Considering this conversation is coming back, I'd mention that I'd be happy
to become a Guile "janitor" (as discussed earlier) with some guidance, as
I've only been using Guile for a year and still learning the internals, but
have some patch series fixing some old bugs I've found.

I could also help with efforts like getting Guile's bug tracker to use
Mumi, and cleaning up various cobwebs -- noble & necessary custodial work :)