Maxime Devos <maximede...@telenet.be> writes:

> That said, I think that in Scheme, standard is quite different from portable
> – if something standard is implemented, it will be (mostly) according
> to the standard, so in this way it is ‘portable’, but that’s a big ‘if’. For
> large Schemes (and small Schemes for which the RnRS or SRFI stuff is
> implemented in a separate library that can easily be installed(*)), I don’t
> expect much trouble, but for very minimalistic (or outdated Schemes,
> but that holds for other languages as well) you might possibly be in trouble.
>
> (As mentioned earlier, I also want to mention that (srfi srfi-N) is not
> portable, it’s a Guile-ism.)

Is (import (srfi :N)) portable in practice?

I switched from (use-modules ...) to (import ...) to get towards making
my code easier to re-use on different Schemes, but I didn’t actually try
using it on another Scheme implementation.

(I hope it’s OK that I pick your brain on this)

Best wishes,
Arne
--
Unpolitisch sein