> > With no disrespect intended -- I understand it's a joke that was funny
> > at one time -- "the standard library of Guile is called ice-9" sounds
> > like "the unit of mass is called footballs". If so, why would a smart
> > newbie learn more?
>

> I did.
>
> Did you not?

yeah, because guix. so i wouldn't draw too many conclusions from this fact
alone.

as a seasoned CL hacker, and a naive scheme newbie, i once even asked why guix
is not made portable on top of other schemes. my motivation was to get better
debugging facilities than what guile provides. it was so far from my
expectations that i considered it easier to port guix to another scheme.

(there's no need to educate me, though. since then i learned the differences
between the CL and scheme worlds, and understood the effort it would take.)

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39