Am Mo., 22. Juli 2024 um 22:52 Uhr schrieb Artyom Bologov <m...@aartaka.me>:

> Hi y'all,
>
> I've been confused by the statements that R6/7RS don't have numbers in
> library names. Because both kinda do.
>
> R6RS seems to allow the last library name element to be a list (?) of
> numbers explicitly reserved for library version:
> See https://www.r6rs.org/final/html/r6rs/r6rs-Z-H-10.html
>
> R7RS doesn't specify the meaning of integers, but it allows them too:
> > <library name> is a list whose members are identifiers and exact
> non-negative integers.
>
> https://standards.scheme.org/corrected-r7rs/r7rs-Z-H-7.html#TAG:__tex2page_sec_5.6.1
>
> Am I missing something?

The library version of R6RS is not part of the library name. An R6RS system
SHOULD not allow two library implementations with the same name but with
different versions to be loaded at the same time.  In contrast, in R7RS, a
number can be an ordinary part of a library name while it does not support
library versioning.

Does this help?

Your confusion is understandable and supports my earlier guess that R6RS
also disallows numbers in library names because it leads to, well,
confusion with the version numbers.

Marc