On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 3:36 AM, Andy Wingo <wi...@pobox.com> wrote:

> On Tue 05 Feb 2013 20:29, Noah Lavine <noah.b.lav...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> Smob mark procedures are still supported.  Changing the GC would be
> quite difficult -- we would need to progress to the point that we had
> significantly less C.  That would be years away if it comes.  Anyway, we
> could have a compacting collector and still allow fixed-position
> objects:

I see. I hadn't thought about what a big project it would be. I was
imagining bytevector->pointer as a procedure that just set some
"fixed-position bit" on its object, so there wasn't any allocation.
However, that would fit weirdly with the "->" convention. It's probably not
worth worrying about.

Noah