Hello,

I am getting following warning from a guild compile:

    warning: possibly unused local top-level variable `%foo?-procedure'

And I am not sure how to tackle it.  This is my full source code:

    (define-module (x)
      #:use-module (srfi srfi-9)
      #:export (<foo>
                foo?
                make-foo))

    (define-record-type <foo> (make-foo) foo?)

When I try to compile it:

    $ guild compile -W 3 -o x.go x.scm
    x.scm:7:0: warning: possibly unused local top-level variable
`%foo?-procedure'
    wrote `x.go'

I would (for obvious reasons) like to keep my compilation warning-free.  I can
think of two approaches:

1. Export the %foo?-procedure
     I think this would confuse downstream users, since they are not expected to
     use it directly.

2. Mark the procedure as used
      In C I could use `(void)proc;', is there an equivalent of that construct
      in Guile?

Are there other options?  How are you approaching it?

Thank you and have a nice day,
Tomas Volf

PS: I am not even sure why this warning happens, the `foo?' syntax transformer
is exported and *does* reference it (as far as I can tell from ,expand).

--
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.