Federico Beffa <be...@ieee.org> skribis:

> I'm wondering if it would be better to point GUIX_LOCPATH to
>
> export GUIX_LOCPATH=$HOME/.guix-profile/lib/locale
>
> and have 'glibc' itself to append it's own version number to that
> string. In this way pre 2.22 programs (last official Guix(SD) release)
> would find pre-2.22 locale in '/$HOME/.guix-profile/lib/locale'.

With the discussion on IRC following your message, I ended up going back
to the solution that appends /2.22 to the GUIX_LOCPATH entries
automatically:

  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.guix.devel/12004

We’ll settle on that and declare the problem solved now.  :-)

Sorry for the hesitations.  It’s one of these situations where we have
conflicting principles: simplifying the users lives, and remaining close
to what upstream does.

Ludo’.