Thanks for the response. When I noticed that hydra.gnu.org was down I used
https://berlin.guixsd.org/ (as mentioned in the substitute page). However,
guix was still building everything from source and not fetching the
binaries. Although I had not validated the key for this website. Could that
be the issue? If so how do I get the key?

Regards,
Rohit