Am Samstag, dem 02.09.2023 um 20:35 -0700 schrieb Andy Tai:
> Hi, this is a question for writing package definition.
>
> In some scenarios package A may refer to source files in package B.
> The question is,
> 1. How to reference source directory of package B from within
> definition of package A?
> 2. can we even assume sources of Package B is available?   Normally
> if package B is an input (dependency) for package A, guix would
> ensure its installation directory is available, but not necessarily
> the source.  So is there something that has to be done to ensure
> Package B sources are somewhere?
You can use (package-source B) both within source and inputs.  The only
caveat here is that A and B should best be located in the same file;
things break badly if they are split and introduce cyclic references.
Note that the and part is more likely than you think, since the thunked
nature of inputs normally makes them harmless.

Cheers