Hi,

Thanks for these pointers.  Therefore I am asking more naive questions. :-)

On Tue, 5 Sept 2023 at 21:19, Csepp <raingl...@riseup.net> wrote:

> There are mbox downloads on lists.sr.ht.
> Random example from my browser history:
> https://lists.sr.ht/~lioploum/forevercomputer

If I understand correctly, this
<https://lists.sr.ht/~whereiseveryone/guixrus/patches> is the
equivalent to Debbugs (guix-patches) with a front-end as Mumi.
However, it adds CI feedback.  What is confusing is the lack of clear
links between all these: https://lists.sr.ht/~whereiseveryone/guixrus
and https://git.sr.ht/~whereiseveryone/guixrus and
https://todo.sr.ht/~whereiseveryone/guixrus and
https://builds.sr.ht/~whereiseveryone/guixrus.

How do you know that the patch had already been applied?  There is the
term APPLIED appearing in the web front-end.  How can I fetch this
information without opening my web-browser?

What is the equivalent of
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-guix/>?  How can I download
the messages of e.g., https://todo.sr.ht/~whereiseveryone/guixrus ?

Well, I am probably asking too much at this step of the discussion,
but let ask. :-)  I have a bridge from the Emacs front-end of Debbugs
that downloads all the messages from a thread corresponding to one
specific issue; all from Emacs and without opening any webbrowser.
Would it be possible to do the same with Sourcehut?  When I read my
emails from my email client, I would like to be able to  download the
complete thread of the email I am reading; for instance, that matters
when someone replies to an old bug that I do not have yet locally.  I
mean, I am sure all will be possible. :-)  Instead, I am asking: is it
already possible?

As Maxim said elsewhere [1], one good thing from Debbugs is the
integration with Emacs. Yeah, I know that some of us are maybe too
much Emacs-centric. :-)  Even if the Debbugs SOAP interface is clunky,
the package emacs-debbugs provides enough procedures for writing
custom helpers.  For example, when I process my emails using
emacs-notmuch, I can quickly mark some bugs, say tagging moreinfo, the
sequence is I hit is: b C moreinfo RET.  Or I can check the status of
the bug I read from my email, I just press: C.

My question is not about will it be possible?  It will, because
Sourcehut exposes an API. :-)  My question is: is it already possible?
 For instance, emacs-srht seems able to only interact with the Git and
Paste services.

People not using Emacs and using Sourcehut for other projects, how do
you interact with the Sourcehut lists patch submission from your email
client without using your web-browser?  Or with the Sourcehut todo bug
tracker from your email client without using your web-browser?

1: Re: How can we decrease the cognitive overhead for contributors?
Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.courno...@gmail.com>
Mon, 04 Sep 2023 22:18:22 -0400
id:87edjdqs5t....@gmail.com
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2023-09
https://yhetil.org/guix/87edjdqs5t....@gmail.com

Cheers,
simon

PS:

> I think the UI is pretty clear.

Well, I am probably not the only one confused by the UI of Sourcehut. :-)

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2021-12/msg02159.html