Hi,

Really cool!  Congrats Chris! :-)

On Wed, 13 Sep 2023 at 13:13, Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.courno...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I had some musing about the daemon recently; I was thinking libguile
> could be added to our old C++ daemon, which could then replace its
> functions piece-wise with Scheme implemented ones?

Maxim, you are proposing to keep the C++ and gradually replace some
parts by implementing these parts in Guile and add a C layer via
libguile to call the Guile code from the C++, right?

If I remember correctly from the last discussion on Guile guix-daemon, I
proposed the converse.  However, the C layer of Maxim’s proposal seems
much easier. ;-)

Some gradual replacements seem a good strategy for the feedback loop.
However, the final design would be more or less the same as the current
one.  Although, I do not know if another design would be possible. :-)

Chris, all the best for this challenging project!  It’s nice that you
have a grant and I am convinced all the ingredients are here for making
this project a success. :-)

Cheers,
simon