Hi,

Sharlatan Hellseher <sharlata...@gmail.com> writes:

> I think it's time to split (gnu packages golang) into some logical groups, see
> Python, Lisp for example.
>
> Thoughts?

IMHO this sounds like a good idea as it would improve the
maintainability of golang packages in the long run. We have 487 package
definitions right now:

(~/devel/guix-devel/gnu/packages) λ rg -c 'define-public' golang.scm
487

which already seems quite laborous to split into logical groups (while
getting the copyright information right as well and maintaining the
gitlog history etc.); so it probably classifies as a task that should be
tackled sooner than later as it'll cause more work over time the more
golang packages exist.

--
Kind regards,

Wilko Meyer