On Thu, Dec 14, 2023 at 11:16 AM, Leo Famulari wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 13, 2023, at 22:17, John Kehayias wrote:
>> And I assume all this was just to use a new key (did I see some
>> mention of subkeys on #guix? that's what I use) and not because of
>> something bad happening to the old one right?
>
> I don't know if anything bad happened to the old key. That's
> fundamentally unknowable. But I decided to start using a new key.

I suppose I should have been more specific than "something bad" :) I
merely meant this wasn't an actual security issue of losing control of
a private key, but merely moving to a new one for other reasons.

In any event, this is a good reminder (to myself) to have backups of
private keys somewhere safe!