Hi!

adansk...@gmail.com skribis:

> I might try doing this. It's a little scary though, updating the
> bootloader... What do you think would be the best way to test it? Should I
> create a VM and test through that? Or is there a way I can invoke the
> 'installation tests' that have been failing locally?

Apparently the latest version needs a tiny patch mentioned here:

  https://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter08/grub.html

As for testing, the best option is to run a couple of installation
tests:

  make check-system TESTS="installed-os encrypted-root-os"

(See
<https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Running-the-Test-Suite.html>.)

Those installation tests are expensive in terms of CPU and disk space;
consider going for a walk while they’re running.  :-)

Thanks for looking into this!

Ludo’.