Hi Guix, science team!

I was reaching for SageMath today and couldn't find it in the package repository. I notice there's a sagemath.scm file, but no actual SageMath package proper. Is there any work being done on packaging it at the moment? Are there any particular blockers preventing its packaging (excessive dependencies, difficult build etc.)?

Having SageMath in Guix would be really handy for me, so I'm happy to give packaging it a go if the only reason is that there's not enough interest (I will just have to wait until after exams, so in about 3-4 weeks).

Hope you are all doing well!

Warmly,
Ada