Hello!

Fabio Natali <m...@fabionatali.com> skribis:

> - Guix London will be renamed to Guix Social.
> - We'll be starting a "Guix outreach group", open to everyone who wants
>   to discuss/organise events and social activities.

👍

Lovely.  Super happy to see you all continue this initiative; it’s
proved very pleasant and fruitful already!

> Finally, we agreed that it'd be useful to have a page on the Guix
> website that lists (and links to) all the various communities - there's
> a few that came to mind already beyond Guix London. This would bring to
> light a small constellation of loosely coupled groups that exist around
> the project already and it'd make them more easily discoverable to
> newcomers. We might put a proposal/patch together in that sense in the
> coming days/weeks and submit it for review.

Go for it!  We should definitely make it visible on the web site and
probably have a blog post to announce Guix Social and a place to
announce upcoming events.

We probably need an “events” or “outreach” circle to help coordinate
initiatives and groups (maybe internships à la Outreachy or GSoC could
also fall into that scope?).

> Last not least, our next (online) meetup is a talk by Guix and Debian
> hacker Vagrant Cascadian - who'll be telling us about Reproducible
> Builds and the tools in Guix that facilitate reproducibility. Thursday
> 11th July 2024, from 5pm UTC. Save the date!

Yay!

Thanks for the great work!

Ludo’.